Historically companies across the industrial sector have concentrated on making their formidable physical assets the basis of competitive advantage. Today, however, leading industrial companies increasingly recognise that the quality of their leadership and middle management talent will make the real competitive difference in a world of globalisation, cross border challenges, rapidly emerging markets, off-shoring, outsourcing, and globally diverse supply chains. Furthermore, limits of an increasingly fragile ecosystem and increased public and political scrutiny around sustainability create further challenges for production and distribution within both domestic and foreign markets. At the same time, emerging markets and their large populations are dramatically increasing the demand for energy, transportation and industrial infrastructure and production.
Therefore companies want innovative global leaders who possess the strategic, operating, and financial skills, as well as commercial instinct, required to compete and succeed in this complex environment. Above all, they want leaders and managers who have the ability to make both an immediate impact and a long-term contribution. – Hence the increasing need for highly rated industrial executive search, such as the practice at Hunter & Chase, to secure the right leaders and managers.
Our Industrial Executive Search practice combines unparalleled search resources with a deeply consultative approach. Working closely with the client, we develop the ideal candidate profile against their unique competitive challenges, business objectives, and leadership culture. Although difficult to breakdown every area of industry covered by Hunter & Chase Industrial Executive Recruitment activities, below is a categorisation for more information:
- Hunter & Chase Aviation Executive Search activities span across many areas of Aerospace, Commercial Aviation and Airlines Executive Recruitment, as well as within Airports and hubs. We understand the operations are truly global, yet how critical local understanding is, and further the financial challenges with declining margins, environmental sustainability issues and political challenges that surround this industry.
- The Automobile industry has endured challenging times of late, as global economies recover it faces challenges of consolidation and globalisation as well as environmental sustainability. True leaders will see opportunities amongst these challenges, hence a good Automobile Executive Search practice will identify such qualities amongst managers and executives.
- Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure Executive Search is a key business area for Hunter & Chase, the industry itself accounts for over 10% of the world’s GDP, anything that happens here has major reverberations on many other industries. Headhunters will assess executives and managers against understanding of a global world where emerging economies are rapidly developing, and government stimulus programmes in more developed economies are being used, in order to provide subtle yet increasing opportunity for growth and profitability.
- Hunter & Chase Raw Materials Executive Search (or Basic Industries Executive Search) includes areas such as, agriculture, paper (and packaging), mining, metals and more, all require executives to understand the evolution and consolidation of such industries as well as the geopolitical, globalised and environmentally sensitive challenges – and how to handle them.
- Headhunting for chemical and process companies requires it own unique understanding, yet one must be able to relate to the basic industries such as managing escalating raw material costs and outsourcing challenges. Executive Search for Chemical and Process companies requires headhunters to inter-relate and cross pollinate between such industries.
- Executive Search in Transport and Logistics requires a fundamental understanding that leaders in such organisations must be able to adopt new technologies and innovations, improve processes and integrate new with the tried and tested, in order to evolve and constantly move forward overcoming new challenges and seizing new opportunities.
- When it comes to Executive Search in industrial machinery, electrical equipment and industrial services, it is very easy to overlook the need for innovative and pragmatic leaders - and mangers, given the nature of such industries and their fundamental activities, however many companies in these industrial sectors have recognised the need for talent to move companies forward, help them adapt to new challenges, evolving supply chains (as well as clients) and increasing financial scrutiny. Hunter & Chase has the capability and consultative approach required to address just such challenges.
If you require any information on the tailored search and selection services we offer, please Contact Us directly.